1. Vacancies upto 10% will be reserved for recruitment on the basis of merit and remaining vacancies will be shared as follows among candidates of different Provinces/Areas of Pakistan and Azad Jammu & Kashmir
Punjab (including Federal area of Islamabad) 50%
Sindh (including Karachi) 19*
The share of Sindh will be further sub-allocated in the following ratio:
Urban areas namely Karachi, Hyderabad and Sukkur 40% of 19% or 7.6%
Rural areas i.e. rest of Sindh excluding Karachi, Hyderabad and Sukkur 60% of 19% or 11.4%
Northern Areas & Federally Administered Tribal Areas 4%
Azad Kashmir 2%
2. Sindh (Urban) refers only to the city area of Karachi, Hyderabad and Sukkur Cantonment areas are counted part of the city. The areas under the Jurisdiction of the District Councils of these districts are the rural areas.
3. “Federally Administered Tribal Areas” include—
- (i) Tribal Areas adjoining Peshawar district;
- (ii) Tribal Areas adjoining Bannu district;
- (iii) Tribal Areas adjoining D. I. Khan District;
- (iv) Tribal Areas adjoining Kohat District;
- (v) Bajaur Agency;
- (vi) Mohmand Agency;
- (vii) Orakzai Agency;
- (viii) Khyber Agency;
- (ix) Kurram Agency;
- (x) North Waziristan Agency ; and
- (xi) South Waziristan Agency.
4. Appointment to vacancies to be filled in by candidates belonging to a particular community or a province/area shall be made by Government in the order of Merit of the candidates belonging to a particular community or a province/area provided that they have qualified in the examination and are in all respects suitable for employment under Government.
5. On appointment to BS-17 posts, a candidate will be required to execute a bond, with one surety, to refund all moneys paid to him/her or spent in connection with his/her training, as may be determined by the President in the event of failing to complete his/her probation to the satisfaction of the President or resigning his/her service during that period or within three years there after.
6. On appointment, the probationer will be required to undergo such training as may be prescribed by the Government.
7. If any vacancies reserved in terms of paragraphs 1-2 above can not be filled by reason of failure of candidates to pass the qualifying standard or otherwise, such vacancies will be carried over and filled in on the result of the next year’s examination from among the candidates in whose quota the vacancies are so reserved.
8. THE POLICY LAID DOWN ABOVE IS LIABLE TO MODIFICATION AND ANY CHANGE WHICH MAY BE MADE THEREIN WILL BE APPLICABLE TO THE CANDIDATES FOR THIS EXAMINATION.
Note. --This issues with the approval of the Government.